Top 3 Posts This Week

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

updating people since i got here XD

well, sorry for the late update... but ive been busy, not generally in the house these last few days...

I had a few days in rotary orentation and got to my house in Coquimbo without any trouble. yesterday another of the exchange students in La Serena came to visit (her host dad is my counselor, and her parents and mine are family friends) I bought my uniform for school today, and found out that i have basically the largest sizes avaliable because of my height. I start school at the Colegio de Santo Tomas next monday, and registered yesterday. Everything is going great, I have been helping out ( as best I can) at the family`s ferretería (hardware store) and having a great time. my spanish is better than the other student`s almost all of whom spoke NONE but i still only get a little less than half of what is going on in conversations, learning at least 5 new words a day >.<.
I will post pictures on here fairly soon, as i have taken a few of the city and the surrounding area, as well as in santago and villa alemana.

talk to you all later

--David
(PS I love empanadas)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

David - Glad things are going good. It was great to read your update because we have really been thinking about you. Great Grandma and Ray were really happy they got to see you before you left. Will look forward to reading your future blogs. Yesterday I found the lady that produced and directed the Tobacco Field X-Files Re-Visited. Thanks to you seeing it we wouldn't have known it was actually ever completed. She is sending Danny a complementary copy this week. Love you and glad to be a part of your adventure by reading your blog. Danny and Kristie

Mom and Dad said...

We are glad you are having a great time. Nati got here yesterday and is settling in. She is very quiet, but we'll get that out of the way soon enough. Contact your grandpa about you know what. I sent him your savings info.

All our love,

Mom and Dad