Top 3 Posts This Week

Sunday, August 31, 2008

update

well, i havent updated in a while so here goes.
Ive had my 1st week of school and I absolutely love it, on average (schedule changes every day) im there until 4:30 pm, and take the bus home, so i get home around 5:15 or so. ive made alot of new friends, and went to my first party here last friday. i start rugby next week, now that my host mom is sufficiently pleased with my micro (bus)- taking abilites. I went to the outdoor market today, and it was huge, and filled with alot of really cheap things ( I got a hat for 3 dollars). On Friday i got a chilean flag which is now hanging up in my room (2.1 x 1.4 meters), people are getting ready for independance day (september 18th) and from what everyone tells me the celebration is pretty much the entire month of september in my town. I am doing great, and although i probably should be, i havent been taking a whole ton of pictures. everyone here is so affecctionate, its great XXD. well, ill probably think of more after i post this but thats about all for now. I'll update again probably next weekend, or sooner if something huge happens. Chauuu

3 comments:

ChristopherJensen2283 said...

Hey there,

We are glad to read that you are really enjoying yourself. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on Rugby, which is huge here in England. Take some good pics of the celebrations. All the best, Chris

Old Bard said...

Dear David...So happy to hear you are loving it in Chile. It was very hard to say goodbye to you at LAX but we just knew that you would be fine because you have a good head on those shoulders and know exactly what you are doing. Good luck playing Rugby. I think your uncle Keith play it at one time. Can't wait for the Chargers to play Carolina tomorrow. Merriman has a bad leg injury but insists on playing. Keep enjoying your new life with your new family. We love you...Grandma & Grandpa Raino

Papa J. said...

Dear David, Que pas so? Sounds like you are having a great experience. Rugby can be pretty rough at times so please be careful and wear a mouthpiece. Not much protection for tackling, etc. Your Uncle Keith played and really liked it. Its kind of like playing backyard football without the pads. Miss you greatly, take care Love, Papa and Georgia